Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"I've decided to be happy"


You know how sometimes you hear a song that really touches you?  Well, this song does just that.  


From the first line I could tell that this song would mean a lot to me.  "I've decided to be happy" they sang in perfect harmony, striking something deep within me.  I remembered a conversation I've had on multiple occasions, that happiness is a choice.  I'm always the first to spout that truth, hoping someone will gain some sort of self awareness from it, but I seem to have completely forgotten about it myself.  I've been out of it lately, but the truth is I haven't actually tried as hard as I possibly can to be happy.  


So, thank you Copper Wimmin for making me realize this very important fact yet again.  Thank you for reminding me that happiness is a choice, and thank you for reminding me just how much I want to be happy.  Words cannot describe.  


Lyrics:


I've decided to be happy
I've decided to be glad
I've decided to be grateful
For all I ever had
I've decided to let go
Of all this pain tonight
I've decided to let go
Of all these demons inside

I know...I am blessed
I know...all I ever wanted was this
I know...I don't need more
I've got... what I came for

I've decided to be open
For that little voice inside
Telling me I'm beautiful
It's okay to be alive
I've decided to be kinder
To myself when I am sad
I've decided to be grateful
For all I ever had



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are some songs that really get you going?  What songs speak to you on a deeper level, and what do they say?  :)

3 comments:

Amanda McCusker said...

Very wise. I think you are going to be just fine. Music has gotten me through many depressing time in my life. "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming."

Shannon said...

Haha! Yup!

That's a good song too. ;D

Amanda McCusker said...

I chose you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Come by my page to pick it up.

Amanda
http://talesfromamother.blogspot.com/2011/06/awesome-blogging-community.html